The COVID-19 pandemic brings extremely tough times for optometry and ophthalmology. Never before has it been more important for our two professions to work symbiotically together to care for our shared patients and pull to through these testing times.
Trevor Gray, Mo Ziaei and their Team at Re:Vision have long been working on practices and principles to help support optometry practices across NZ. Read how we can help you and your optometry practice:
COVID-19: Keeping you, your staff and your patients safe – free shields
- Re:Vision has ordered hundreds of universal-fit large Perspex slit-lamp shields that we are offering free to optometrists
- Just email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org to order these essential safety shields (2 each)
Easy free CPD with our new e-learning platform
- Since we launched our free e-learning platform 2 weeks ago, optometrists have already completed more than 300 course modules
- Easy free login here: https://re-vision-e-learning.teachable.com/
- There are currently 6.1 CPD points available, with new added topics every week
Want new patients?
- Trevor & Mo actively recommend that patients without an optometrist, are booked in to see a convenient optometrist close to the patient’s home or work
- They also seek out and refer new patients to optometrists with sub-specialty interests (like dry eye, ortho-k, RGPs, paeds, etc), so please do let us know if you have a sub-specialty interest for us to add to our referral database
Don't lose patients
- Your patients, remain your patients…
- When you refer a patient to Re:Vision, we regard your patient as being on loan to us, for us to look after the best we can, and then return them to your ongoing care, hopefully gratefully thanking you for the referral and happy with our care
- Of course, if you would prefer Trevor or Mo to take over complex care, we will be happy to help, and keep you in the loop
Return ‘20/Happy’ cataract surgery patients to you
- We always actively book your patient back in to see you after cataract surgery for an expected upgrade of their glasses, and for important ongoing follow-up
- We go to great lengths to find the cataract surgery option that best suits your patient, so they return to you thrilled with their care and new vision
- If for any reason, your patient is not ‘20/Happy’, we are always happy to review and do all in our power to get them thrilled before returning to you for their new glasses
- We do not recommend hobby glasses, we always encourage patients to have your prescription glasses
For every cataract patient you refer, we donate towards providing charity cataract surgery for patients in need
- Every month, Trevor & Mo perform pro bono cataract surgery on 2-3 patients who cannot afford private and have been denied Public cataract surgery
- We provide this charity cataract surgery to patients referred to ARCH (www.aucklandcharityhospital.org) by their optometrist
Re:Vision Community Care Package
- We know that even if your patients manage to get their first cataract operation in Public, they usually are denied their second eye, even with dangerous anisometropia
- We have decided to support these patients of yours who cannot afford normal private fees, but cannot get Public surgery, with our ‘Community Care Package’
- When you refer your second eye cataract patient for our Community Care Package, they will receive our normal high standard care for the lowest price in NZ, giving you something more to offer your patients who are struggling after one eye surgery
Need more CD points?
- If you need more Clinical Diagnosis CPD, or are just interested to see first-hand what our patient-centric care looks like at Re:Vision, just contact Nick (Nick.M@re.vision.nz) to arrange for your practice visit
- You have an open invitation to join Trevor and/or Mo in clinic or cataract/laser theatre at your convenience
How else can we help you?
- If you can think of ways that we at Re:Vision can serve you or your patients better, we are all ears!
- Please contact Jennifer on Jennifer.S@re.vision.nz and she will make sure we do all we can to help
At Re:Vision, we are constantly seeking ways to improve our patient-centric care, and strive to serve you and your patients with kindness and professionalism.
We are most appreciative of your support.
If you would like to try out our shared-care of your patients, just pick the easiest way to refer:
Re:Vision Anterior Segment Specialists
6c Pacific Rise, Mount Wellington, Auckland 1060
Free : 0800 55 20 20 P : 09 222 20 20 F : 09 222 20 21